Ulefone Armor 8 5G Review, Pros and Cons – This year, the smartphone company, Ulefone, has unveiled a wide range of some exceptional devices with tremendously powerful protection, such as the dedicated Armor product line-up, in which several devices have a fabulous design with robust durability.
In the Armor series, a new member gets included a few days ago, known as Ulefone Armor 8 5G, integrated with the 5G connectivity option and it is the company’s first 5G smartphone. So, without wasting any time, let’s review Ulefone Armor 8 5G phone.
Ulefone Armor 8 5G Review
- The robust and sturdy layout comes in the framework of the Ulefone Armor series smartphones, and this smartphone also does not lack any of that.
- The presentation of the Ulefone Armor 8 5G looks like something that the Black Shark offers, but somewhat in a different way.
- In addition to the advanced design, the internal configuration of Dimesity 800 5G supported chipset is intact for low-latency and high-speed network connection.
- In terms of the camera, a triple camera is positioned on the rear panel along with that a waterdrop notch is installed on the front IPS LCD panel.
- On the back end, various sensors and components are present to expand the Android interface experience and finally, a 5080 mAh battery is inserted inside having quite good battery backup.
Design and Display
The robust and resistant appearance of the rubber-coated aluminum makes the Ulefone Armor 8 5G a compact and a durable machine, which will not suffer any damage when falling from 1.2 meters above the ground. Typically, Ulefone devices are stylish and have a thick and precise dimension to maintain all military-grade security and cover the door, providing the IP68 certification.
On the same note, the rear panel layout somewhat resembles the recent black shark gaming smartphone to some extent, although they are completely different devices. Keeping the IP68 certification aside, Armor 8 5G is integrated with the unique IP69K rating so that it can survive hot water too.
In addition to all the protection stuff, the front screen improvised and features a modern 6.1 inches HD+ IPS LCD screen with a low-resolution cover. However, it doesn’t matter when you are purchasing a mid-range smartphone with an oleophobic screen resistant coating from day one.
Memory and Internal
The software interface works in the configuration of the Android 10 operating system, which eventually provides an elegant user interface experience and provides incredible adjustments to ensure that you enjoy many advanced customizations and functionalities.
Behind the scenes, the Ulefone Armor 8 5G is capable of delivering exceptional performance with its Mediatek Dimensity 800 chipset on the board, and the octa-core helps to squeeze out the maximum output.
Now, speaking of storage, it comes with 8 GB RAM of the latest generation which combines with 256GB of internal storage, which is even more than the Ulefone Armor 9.
A triple camera configuration will show up on the camera plate, in which a 64 MP lens acts as a primary shooter along with two other camera ports. In the selfie section, you will see a 16 MP selfie port with a water-drop notch on the screen that allows you to produce videos up to 1080p with an appropriate level of color and contrast adjustments in the images.
Battery and Others
The phone is powered by a 5080 mAh battery that pairs up with fast charging support and other in-house technology features and will generate a decent battery life on a single charge.
In terms of sensors and communications, It is one of those smartphones that have a baroreceptor, coulomb meter next to the regular features, and has above average sound quality.
Ulefone Armor 8 5G Specifications Detail
Down below you can see the full specifications of the Ulefone Armor 8 5g smartphone.
|Specifications||Ulefone Armor 8 5G|
|Network||2G, 3G, 4G, 5G|
|Weight||290 g (expected)|
|SIM||Hybrid Dual SIM|
aluminum back with rubber
|Display||Capacitive touchscreen IPS LCD,16M colors|
|Resolution||720 x 1560 pixels|
|Protection||Scratch-resistant glass, oleophobic coating|
Drop-to-concrete resistance from up to 1.2 m
IP69K, IP68 dust/water resistant
|Chipset||MediaTek MT6873 Dimensity 800 5G (7 nm)|
(4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A76
4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
|Card slot||Yes (uses shared SIM slot)|
|Camera||64MP with two more camera ports|
|3.5 mm jack||Yes|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS|
|Radio||FM radio, RDS, recording|
|USB||USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go|
|Sensors||Side Mounted Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro|
proximity, compass, baroceptor, coulombmeter
|Battery||Li-Po 5080 mAh battery, Fast charging|
|Colors||Black, Orange, Red|
|Price||$ 999 (72,999 INR)|
Ulefone Armor 8 5G Pros and Cons
Down below you can see the list of pros and cons (advantages and disadvantages) of the Ulefone Armor 8 5G smartphone.
- The large battery packed with fast charging.
- In terms of connectivity, there is no need to worry because of 5G.
- Standard camera configuration.
- Scratch-resistant glass with oleophobic coating
- Big 8GB RAM as well as enough internal storage of 256GB
- IP69K, IP68 dust/water resistant up to 1.5m for 30 mins
- MIL-STD-810G compliant and Drop-to-concrete resistance
- FM radio, RDS, recording, and OTG
- Only has a 720p resolution screen
- Uses a shared SIM slot.
- MediaTek Dimensity chipset instead of Snapdragon
- Bulky to handle.
- Without wireless charging
- Little expensive
In short, we think it is a suitable smartphone if you are working in adverse conditions and looking for the Ulefone brand. Ulefone Armor 8 5g smartphone without a doubt, have the perfect protection statistics and 5G support compare to Armor 8 4G. But, there are some flaws, which will be revealed in heavy performance and in extreme climatic situations in terms of the camera. Although there is no official information about its price, we expect the Ulefone Armor 8 5G to cost around $ 999 (72,999 INR) and arrive in November.