Vivo Y3s Review, Pros and Cons – Vivo recently launched another Y series phone in China in its budget segment on October 26 in 3 color options – Cherry Red, Dark Blue, and Sea-Breeze. Vivo Y3s will soon be available in India. At first glance, it appears to be a renamed variant of Vivo Y17 which was released last year, with some minor changes. Still, this phone can do wonders, so now let’s start the review of the Vivo Y3s smartphone.
Vivo Y3s Review
- It is good to have a friendly size in your pocket and the body structure looks decent.
- A 6.35 inches waterdrop notch IPS LCD display comes on the phone.
- The dual-camera setup with an 8 MP selfie camera is really average.
- Very efficient octa-core processor that matches the Helio P35 chipset.
- Huge 5000 mAh long battery, with 10 W fast charger to support the whole system.
- The huge internal memory of 128 GB and support of 4 GB of RAM slightly improve the processing speed of the phone.
Design and Display
The rear panel of the Vivo Y3S is plastic, but it looks modern and premium, thanks to its bright and standard design. It is very comfortable to hold, considering its much heavier weight (191 g) and thickness (8.9 mm). The fingerprint sensor is on the back and works perfectly.
Vivo Y3s offer a dual nano-sim configuration with a dedicated microSDXC card slot. The settings close to the camera and in the corners are confined, but the chin looks a little thick. The screen provided on Vivo Y3S is a really bright 6.35 inches IPS LCD screen with HD+ resolution (720 x 1544 pixels) with about 81% screen-to-body ratio and 268 PPI pixel density, which is considerably low.
Memory and Internal
The 4 GB of RAM added to a huge 128 GB of storage which can be expanded up to 256 GB through a dedicated MicroSD slot and it is one of the best combos that an experienced budget user aspires to.
In terms of performance, it comes with a remarkable 2.3 GHz octa-core Cortex A-53 processor with a decent Mediatek Helio P35 SoC. For games, the PowerVR GE8320 GPU is provided, which can only run high-end games with low or medium configurations and some games like Asphalt 9 require more optimization to be played.
In terms of camera configuration, here quality has been preferred over quantity. The rear camera configuration on Vivo Y3S consists of just a 13 MP primary camera and a 2 MP depth sensor.
An additional LED flash and autofocus feature are also present. Normal, portrait, and low-light photos are excellent and clearer than you would expect. The front has a single 8 MP camera and the quality is highly recommended. Both the rear and front cameras can record Full HD video at 1080p. Check here Vivo Y73s smartphone advantages and disadvantages.
Battery and Other
Vivo Y3S is loaded with a huge Li-Po 5000 mAh battery, which can last about 1 day for an average person. While playing too, the battery performs surprisingly well. The 18 W fast charge can fully charge the phone in almost 2 hours. The operating system is quite outdated Android 9 OS with Funtouch 9 UI, which is very simplistic and any bloatware can be removed easily.
Other additional physical features, such as a Micro-USB port, 3.5 mm headphone jack, and an incredible speaker, are also provided on Vivo Y3S. Arriving at the sensors department, it has almost all of them as – fingerprint, compass, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, proximity sensor, and gyroscope. Additional basic features like GPS, USB 2.0 OTG, FM radio, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi are also present.
Vivo Y3s Specifications Detail
Down below you can see the full specifications of the Vivo Y3s smartphone.
|Network||2G, 3G, 4G|
|Dimensions||6.28 x 3.02 x 0.35 inches|
|Display||IPS LCD touchscreen|
|Resolution||720 x 1544 pixels|
|OS||Android 9.0 (Pie), Funtouch 9|
|Chipset||12 nm – Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35|
4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53
4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53
|Card slot||Yes (dedicated slot)|
|3.5 mm jack||Yes|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||5.0, A2DP, LE|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS|
|USB||microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go|
|Sensors||Rear mounted Fingerprint, accelerometer|
|Battery||Li-Po 5000 mAh battery, Charging 10W|
|Colors||Red, Dark Blue and Light Blue|
|Expected Price||$180 (13,500 INR)|
Vivo Y3s Pros and Cons
Down below you can see the list of pros and cons (advantages and disadvantages) of the Vivo Y3s smartphone.
- A 6.35 inches rich and vibrant screen with drop notch.
- Funtouch 9 UI support.
- The quality of the camera and the flash feature are pleasant.
- A Li-Po 5000 mAh battery is more than enough for long battery life.
- The speaker is largely loud and clear.
- Incredible color schemes to choose from.
- The absence of a full HD screen and the lack of pixel density.
- Without triple or quad-camera configuration on the rear.
- This phone is not recommended for heavy multitasking and high-resolution games.
- Outdated Micro-USB port and Android version.
- The heating problem may appear.
- Without fast charging support.
- No Gorilla glass protection.
Vivo Y3S smartphone can be good for people those who want to follow the new trends. Still, this affordable phone offers many practical and useful features, a dual-camera and long battery life. As an entry-level smartphone, it is one of the best options, as it features specifications above average.