ZTE nubia Red Magic 5G Smartphone Pros and Cons: This year, the trend of flagship-level hardware with 5G connectivity becomes the core for the premium segment smartphones as well for the gaming segment. Chinese tech company “Nubia” unveiled the latest phone the Red Magic series production in line, which is going to be the first 5G connectivity phone in the gaming module.
ZTE nubia Red Magic 5G variant released in mid-march with some significant update in the gaming features to its procedure Red Magic 3s. And on top of this, it comes with the affordable price segment as compared to the competition and has a 120Hz refresh rate.
It is a gaming featured handset, so it is natural to have a high-end refresh rate with a bigger battery and blazing-fast charging with decent specifications.
- A high refresh rate of 144 Hz with AMOLED panel.
- An enormous 4500mAh battery with blazing-fast 55W charging
- The phone has a gaming feature alongside the decent user interface of Red magic 3.0
- Integrated on Qualcomm snapdragon 865 Soc with Andreno 650
- Along with customized RBG back panel and inside it has an inbuilt cooling fan.
Design and Display
The design accurately fits in the gaming end phone, it comes with an RBG customized panel that gives an eminent effect, and the preeminent snapper module situated at an exact spot according to the design. It consists of the casual gaming phone appearances on the flip side it feels a bit heavier and thicker while holding. A sensor like buttons improves the gameplay in several areas.
It offers a full HD+ 6.5 inches AMOLED display panel as expected with a flourishing display with 1080×2400 pixels, above 380 PPI density, the pressure-sensitive zone of 300 Hz touch sensation, and a 144 Hz refresh rate are available.
Memory and Internal Storage
ZTE nubia Red Magic 5G comes with the latest Android 10 OS along with the layering of red magic 3.0 user interface, which provides a decent setup of features and software. It immerged with Snapdragon 865 Soc, including the graphic structure of Andreno 650.
The handset is attainable in 8GB RAM / 128GB storage, 12GB RAM / 128GB storage, 12GB RAM / 256GB storage, 16GB RAM / 256GB storage variants which didn’t have MicroSD support for memory expedition. However, it has the latest 3.0 memory type support.
First of all, compared to its procedure, the camera department improves in several spots, and one of them is the ultra-wide-angle shoots, and it offers a triple camera module of 64MP, 8MP, and 2MP with a selfie camera of 8 MP. However, the sensor such as portrait, night mode, AI works fine on the software level, and video shooting is decent which covers slow-motion, timelapse at the resolution of 4k with 120fps for slow-motion videos.
Battery, Price, and Others
In the battery department, the battery reduced from 5000 mAh to 4500 mAh, which backfire in the gaming experience, and it also reduces the screen time. But the 4500 mAh battery accompanies 55 W blazingly-fast charger, which can charge 0 to 54% in less than 15 minutes. With 144Hz, it gives battery life for screen viewing up to around 9 hours, and for more screen time to reduce refresh rate 144Hz to 60Hz.
The base variant price starts at $599 ( 45,000INR), which is available in the market in various colors of Black, Red, Cyber Neon, Transparent Black, and Hot Red. It offers face-unlock, under-display fingerprinter sensor, NFC support, type C charging port, and 3.55 mm jack. check Oppo A92s 5G pros and cons.
ZTE Nubia Red Magic 5G Specifications
|Specifications||ZTE Nubia Red Magic 5G|
|Network||2G, 3G, 4G, 5G|
|Build||Glass front and back, aluminum frame|
|Protection||Yes Gorilla Glass|
|Display||Capacitive touchscreen AMOLED, 16M colors|
|Resolution||1080 x 2340 pixels|
|OS||Android 10, Redmagic 3.0|
|Chipset||Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 86|
|RAM||8GB, 12GB, 16|
|Camera||64MP, 8MP, and 2MP|
|USB||3.0 Type C|
|Sensors||Fingerprint, proximity, compass, accelerometer, gyro|
|Battery||4500 mAh, Fast charging 55W|
|Price||USD 599 (INR 45,000)|
ZTE nubia Red Magic 5G Pros and Cons
- This device has over 5,00,000 AnTuTu scores with a high geek bench score.
- In the videography section, it comes with 4k experience at 30fps, which is quite decent.
- It’s a gaming beast, so heavy gaming and the high-end game will be handy on this phone.
- The battery drains slow while gameplaying and after 4 hours continuous hard-core gaming only 52% battery drain which comparative good from its competition.
- It has a mild and sleek design covered by RBG graphics.
- The sound output of the side loudspeaker works pretty well in gaming.
- ZTE nubia Red Magic 5G covers every format in performance and makes this phone grand level beast in terms of performance and connectivity.
- Red Magic 5G comes with a 55 W fast charger.
- The serious drawback of the phone is that 55W charger didn’t come inbuild, instead of this, they provide the regular 18W charger.
- The fingerprint sensor works a bit slower than the standards.
- It’s not a camera phone, and due to this noise in regular images can be seen, which makes the camera performance underwhelming.
- The user-interface is quite challenging for ZTE nubia Red Magic 5G.
- The battery life capacity didn’t fit in the standard pretty well.
- There aren’t that many games that offer framerate to match the 144Hz refresh rate.