Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5g/4g Review, Pros and Cons – Redmi uncovered the latest Note 10 series in which you will get a total of 5 smartphones in March 2020, including the variant Redmi Note 10 5g and Redmi Note 10 4g. They expected to release on the global stage at the end week of March. There are other models, such as Note 10 Pro Max, Note 10 Pro, Note 10S available that we have already reviewed.
Let’s go back to the topic Redmi Note 10 5G and 4G models come with a modern look and new camera plate design. Speaking of the specs, both phones are completely different from each other, as they have different chipset and camera configurations. If we take a look at the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5g variant, it is IP53, dust and splash protection, camera configuration, 3.5 mm connector, and fast charging compared to the Redmi Note 10 4g. we are not sure about these changes, but we think that this is done to make the balance between the 4g and 5g variant. Without further ado, let’s start the review of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Review
- A MediaTek MT6833 Dimensity 700 5G Soc comes with a 5g model and for non-5g you will have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 678.
- The phone provides a triple-camera module in which it will retain 48 MP primary sensors. For 4g, the Redmi Note 10 comes with a quad-camera with an extra 8MP camera.
- It was expected to have an incredible design that presented a premium appearance, that shaped the structured range of the camera as well.
- The combination of the semi-curved body and high PPI covering the 6.5 inches IPS LCD panel can be seen on the Redmi Note 10 5g smartphone, where there is an incredible Super AMOLED display available on the Note 10 4g.
- Huge 5000 mAh battery range compatible with fast charging of 18 W and 33 W.
Design and Display
The Redmi Note 10 comes with a stylish smooth plain layout, which will be the core look of the phone. Alongside this, full HD 1080×2400 pixels resolution, 6.5 inches IPS LCD display for 5g, and Super AMOLED display panel for 4g model.
In which they give over 400+ PPI density frames. The screen will manage the brightness pretty well just like the previous variant, and aids users to furnish a better screen viewing experience. If we need to choose one we definitely go for Super AMOLED display.
Memory and Internal
The phones have a user-interface of MIUI 12 based on Android 11 OS and which expected to upgrade to the latest MIUI 13. In the hardware department, a 7 nm processor integrated on MediaTek MT6833 Dimensity 700 5G Soc that copes up with 5G modem and the Mali-G57 MC2 graphics. On the other hand, the non-5g model comes with a Qualcomm SDM678 Snapdragon 678, 11 nm chipset.
As for the storage variant, Note 10 5g will have 4GB/6GB RAM with 64GB/128GB internal storage. All this will blend on flash memory in the presence of the dedicated SD card.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 smartphone comes with the setup of quad-camera, the 48 MP chief sensor, 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens that can give viewpoint 118 degrees, 2 MP portrait depth senor, and assume to have 2MP macro shooter as well. On the other hand, 13 MP selfie camera board induce on the front screen.
But for the 5g Redmi Note 10, the 8MP camera is missing and the 13MP selfie camera is replaced by an 8MP camera. The camera module accouches to have features as blur adjustment, distortion correction of edges, AI mode, gyro-EIS, slow motion, time-lapse, etc.
Battery and Other
Both the Redmi Note 10 5g and 4g phones have a Li-Po 5000 mAh battery range that complies with wired 33W and 18W fast charging respectively, which also able to provide decent battery life.
It will present the latest side-mounted fingerprint sensor along with the 3.5 mm jack port. Including the 2.0 Type-C charging port, and it also offers a standard mid-range sensor. However, it is available at the expected price tag of USD 200 (15,999 INR) for 5g and USD 190 (13,999 INR) for non 5g model.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Specifications Detail
Down below you can see the full specifications of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G/4G Smartphone.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10
|Network||2G, 3G, 4G, 5G||2G, 3G, 4G|
|Dimensions||6.37 x 2.96 x 0.35 inches||6.32 x 2.93 x 0.33 inches|
|Weight||190 g||179 g|
|Size||6.5 inches||6.43 inches|
400 nits brightness
~405 ppi density
450-1100 nits brightness
~409 ppi density
|Protection||Corning Gorilla Glass 3||Corning Gorilla Glass 3|
IP53, dust and splash protection
|Resolution||1080 x 2400 pixels||Same|
|OS||Android 11, MIUI 12||Same|
|Chipset||7nm – MediaTek MT6833 Dimensity 700 5G||11nm – Qualcomm SDM678 Snapdragon 678|
4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A76
4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55
2×2.2 GHz Kryo 460 Gold
6×1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver
|GPU||Mali-G57 MC2||Adreno 612|
|Card slot||Yes (dedicated slot)||Same|
|Camera||48 MP (wide)|
2 MP (macro)
2 MP (depth)
Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
|48 MP (wide)|
8 MP (ultrawide)
2 MP (macro)
2 MP (depth)
LED flash, HDR, panorama
|Selfie||8 MP (wide)|
|13 MP (wide)|
with stereo speakers
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot||Same|
|Bluetooth||5.1, A2DP, LE||5.0, A2DP, LE|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS||Same|
|NFC||Yes (market/region dependent)||No|
|USB||USB Type-C 2.0||Same|
|Sensors||Side-mounted fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass||Same|
Fast charging 18W
Fast charging 33W
|Colors||Chrome Silver, Graphite Gray, Nighttime Blue, Aurora Green||Shadow Black (Onyx Gray), Frost White (Pebble White), Aqua Green (Lake Green)|
|Expected Price||USD 250 (18,000 INR)||USD 200 (14,000 INR)|
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pros and Cons
Down below you can see the list of pros and cons (advantages and disadvantages) of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G/4G smartphone.
- Huge battery life.
- The processing unit works quite efficiently.
- A superior level, as well as heavy gaming, won’t affect the performance at all because of its Soc.
- Super AMOLED display and IP53 dust and splash protection available in Redmi Note 10.
- Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
- Dedicated SD card slot.
- Available in 4g and 5g models.
- Decent photo and video quality in proper daylight.
- Fast charging support.
- Latest Android 11 based on MIUI 12.
- Compare to its competition, the performance felt underwhelming, in some cases.
- It didn’t have a high-refresh-rate screen format, although HDR 10 would be there.
- Bloatware is common.
- Snapdragon processor is only available for no 4G smartphone.
- Outdated type C 2.0 charging jack.
- Unstable video recording because gyro-EIS is missing.
In the overall view, the Xiaomi phone didn’t have any problem. But, there is a lot of things yet to uncover. Furthermore, Redmi Note 10 can fit in the mid-range 5g smartphone and flagship standard smartphone. Although there are some pros and cons Redmi offers a 5g smartphone in this price range is really incredible.