Xiaomi Redmi K40 and K40 Pro

Xiaomi Redmi K40 and K40 Pro Review, Pros and Cons – Not long ago, Xiaomi launched three amazing 5G smartphones in China. It is none other than the Redmi K series, in which you will see Redmi K40, K40 Pro, and K40 Pro Plus smartphones. They obtained 95% similarity between them in design and specs, while the rest of the 5% is the critical factor that distinguishes them.

Xiaomi knows how to excite its fan base with just a small teaser. With the launch of these three legendary phones, the company will gain more attention than its competitors. The best part is that there is a great chance that this formation will be revealed on the global stage. Perhaps with a different name, or it may be possible to debut under the same name in other markets.

Covering the trio at one point would be an injustice. Therefore, we reduced the review to two parts. Here, you’ll see the review of the Redmi K40 and K40 Pro phones, and in the meantime, check out the in-depth analysis of the K40 Pro Plus smartphone. With that said, let’s move towards the main features of the Redmi K40 and K40 Pro smartphones.

Table of Contents

Xiaomi Redmi K40 and K40 Pro Review

Highlights

  1. Both models come with an AMOLED screen that guarantees a fabulous screen experience.
  2. The K40 model equips a 48 MP triple camera with a 20 MP selfie port, while the K40 Pro model comes with a 64 MP triple camera with a 20MP selfie lens.
  3. As for the battery section, you will obtain a battery of 4520 mAh with a charging block of 33W.
  4. Performance support ranged from Snapdragon 870 for K40 to Snapdragon 888 for K40 Pro.
  5. Behind the scenes, the MIUI 12 software skin matches the Android 11 OS out of the box.

Design and Display

In recent years, it has become a trend for the launch of the new Mi smartphone to impact all other smartphones. Likewise, Redmi also follows an almost similar roadmap in terms of design and structure. Now, starting with the layout, the sleek-looking design gives off premium-quality vibes, which somehow resembles the Mi 10T camera port. However, the internal specification is a little different.

In addition, there are three wonderful color shades for K40: Black, White, and Aurora, from which you can choose anyone according to your preference. The rear version and white tone are completely smooth, while the Aurora variant provides a striking and classic look. In terms of build quality, you will not be disappointed in any way. Apparently, both devices are equipped with the latest gorilla glass protection.

At the rear, recent changes in the appearance of the camera’s plate are a hot topic. On the other hand, the front screen had the efficient 6.67 inches Super AMOLED panel in hand, which was only acquired by brilliant brightness setting and prepared a better viewing angle. Although you don’t have a curved 3D screen, even if you have a flat-screen, it doesn’t matter, as the screen looks completely frameless.

Not to forget, you’ll have a 120 Hz refresh rate that renders HDR10+ clarity, so you can experience smoothing in each frame. In addition, touch sampling exceeds 360 PPI, which is quite useful for advanced-level gaming. In addition, the combination of light and thin bodies provides an immersive experience during use.

Memory and Internal

The wonderful thing about the Redmi K40 and K40 Pro smartphone is that they arrive with Android 11 ready to use. In short, you will receive almost three updates and a security patch. But, what makes it so unique about Redmi phones would be its personalized interface. The Xiaomi device comes with the MIUI interface cover that allows users to fully customize the settings of the phones.

In addition, both devices have the latest version of MIUI 12. The MIUI 12 UI offers better control over the smartphone and battery-saving software. For this, you can see the extent of the performance speed and the