Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth Edition Smartphone Pros and Cons: In these last few days, the most awaiting grand Xiaomi event happens in China on April 27. Although the various sources indicated that the overall event was underwhelming compare to the expectation and their other launch events.
But, the tech industry’s various sectors such as reviewer, speculators, YouTuber, etc. are waiting for this event, The most anticipated new thing unveiled on the launch stage was the Mi10 Youth edition integrated on 5G connectivity support as the current trend, and the latest MIUI 12 user-interface based on the present Andriod OS module.
This new smartphone will become part of the Xiaomi Mi 10 series family, and it is prepared to launch as the lighter version of recently released Mi 10. It will know as Mi 10 youth edition with a delicate touch of the decent user-interface.
- The device offers marvelous Xiaomi UI support, which expected to update to the latest.
- It integrated on Snapdragon 765 Soc with an octa-core processing unit and graphic of Andreno 620.
- It’s a lower variant of Mi 10.
- Superior AMOLED panel comes along with a decent resolution and high touch sensitivity.
- A battery capacity of 4160 mAh given, and it aspected to have over 18 W fast-charging.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth: Design and Display
The phone has a plain and sleek design with the usual squarish pattern quad-camera board, which gives a moderate look, but the thinness of the phone manages the layout precisely. On the other hand, the front screen has a circular water-drop notch selfie cam module that integrated on Full HD+ 1080×2400 pixels resolution 6.57 inches Super AMOLED panel accompanies with over 400 PPI density.
The corners of the display come with a curved and thin vessel, which improves the screen viewing experience, along with the brightness 400 nits, and the high touch sensitivity as well as it has always-on-display features. But, on the flip-side, it didn’t have the high-end refresh rate.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth: Memory and Internal
It consists of Andriod 10 OS alongside the layering of Xiaomi company’s most recent MIUI 11 user-interface skin that provides various user-centric features. On the hardware level, it has a setup of an octa-core processor on the Qualcomm 700 series of Snapdragon 765 Soc unit, which will work with integrated Qualcomm 5G modem along with the graphic of decent GPU Adreno 620.
In the memory section, it offers four variants of memory of 6GB RAM/64GB storage, 6GB RAM/128 GB storage, 8GB RAM/128 GB storage, and 8GB RAM/ 256 GB storage with memory support of USF 2.1, but on the other hand, it has the option for expansion of memory through MicroSD card.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth: Camera specifications
The Mi 10 Youth edition provides a quad-camera board of 48MP, 8MP, 8MP, and 2MP setup that comes with the selfie shooter of 16MP. The quad shooter offers various features such as AI beauty, scope mode, portrait, Along with the 4k video quality support, which has a slow-motion of 960 fps, time-lapse, AI beauty video mode. So, the camera department is quite feature riched.
Battery, Price, and Others
The device gives ordinary non-removable Li-Po 4120 mAh battery capacity, which has a battery life of two days on mild usage. On top of that, the screen viewing time is also quite decently managed by the software. However, the info regards fast-charging is currently unspecific, but according to its specification report, it will have at least 18 W to 22.5 W charger support.
It supports features such as an on-screen fingerprint sensor with an optical scanner, USB 2.0 Type-C charging port along with a 3.5 mm jack and loudspeaker, which are accompanied by the software of gyro, compass, and on top of that accelerometer and proximity sensor also given in the phone.
The device is available in the astonishing color of Blue, White, Black, Green, Orange, or Peach in which the base variant 6/64GB starting price tag will be around 21,999 INR (USD 290 approx). The highest memory variant price would be about 29,999 INR ( USD 395 approx.).
Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth 5G Smartphone Specifications
|Specifications||Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth 5G|
|Network||2G, 3G, 4G, 5G|
|Protection||Corning Gorilla glass 5|
|SIM||Dual Nano SIM|
|Display||Capacitive touchscreen Super AMOLED,|
16 M colors
|Resolution||1080 x 2400 pixels|
|OS||Android 10, MIUI 11|
|Chipset||Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G|
|Internal||64GB, 128GB, 256GB|
|Camera||48MP, 8MP, 8MP, and 2MP|
|USB||2.0 Type C|
accelerometer, gyro, proximity
|Battery||4160 mAh, Fast charging 22.5W|
|Colors||White, Blue, Black, Green, Orange|
|Price||USD 290 (INR 21,999)|
Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth Edition 5G Smartphone Pros and Cons
- Mi 10 Youth Edition offers a decent gaming experience.
- It comes along with an in-built high-end user-interface that expects to get an update.
- Provide quite Brillant battery life
- The 48MP will improve the video recording and photo experience along with a 5x optical zoom 8MP periscope lens.
- It has a Super AMOLED display panel with high pixel density.
- The display screen had a protection layering of Gorilla glass version 5.
- Bloatware and unnecessary apps are leading headaches.
- It didn’t have MicroSD expansion support, which desperately needed was in the base variants.
- It has an outdated notch selfie camera.
- Heating issues are common in these phones.
- It doesn’t have a high refresh rate for smooth display experience.
- This smartphone may not be available outside China for now.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth Edition is a mid-range smartphone that offers decent features and user-interface along with a high-end processor, which magnifies the performance of the phone into several-fold. But, it does have some common problems with Xiaomi’s phone. However, it will become a great treat in the mid-segment flagship standard smartphone. The Base variant does have memory storage issues, although it decent choice overall.