Tecno Camon 16 Review, Pros and Cons – After a two-month wait, Chinese technology company TECNO finally launched TECNO Camon 16 in India on October 16. TECNO Camon 16 becomes the first smartphone to feature a 64MP camera port in the entry segment. In addition, the high screen aspect offers an immersive view, while under the hood, the Helio G70 processor improves performance. This Camon 16 presents a new world of adjustments. In addition, its sale on the online market for only 11,499 INR. Camon 16 is the lite version of Camon 16 Premier, let’s start the review of TECNO Camon 16.
Tecno Camon 16 Review
- Camon 16 offers a 6.8 inches IPS LCD panel screen without any Corning glass coating.
- The company designs a new technology known as TAIVOS, which mainly improves the capabilities of the camera.
- The simple interface configuration is achieved through HIOS 7.0 based on Android 10.
- The workload managed by the performance-oriented 4 GB RAM and combined with 64 GB storage is more than enough for daily use.
- In terms of battery, the Li-Po 5000 mAh battery is inserted into the device and with supports for fast charging, but you have to buy the charger separately.
Design and Display
There are three options of metallic shades – Cloud White, Misty Gray, and Purist Blue, in which the white color gives a premium look, in our opinion. However, the gray and blue variant also manifests a unique gradient look over its rear panel. The rear-mounted fingerprint reader placed just below the perfect camera plate for security.
Now, speaking ahead, the 480 nits 6.8 inches IPS LCD gives you a tablet feel, which may be true because the phone is a little thicker due to the battery size and heavier due to the size of the screen.
Memory and Internal
The gaming-centric Helio G70 chipset handles high performance and provides exceptional Mali-G52 2EEMC2 graphics support. In addition, the HIOS 7.0 software suite has improved several times over the two years, and Android 10 OS has integrated several tweaks to enhance the user experience with 64 GB storage paired with 4 GB of RAM. The phone also has a dedicated Micro SD card port on the SIM tray, which can go up to 256 GB to extend more space on the Camon 16.
The camera section is coated with sugar with the quad-camera and, in addition to the main sensor of 64 MP, the phone comes together with the set of macro lens 2MP, depth lens 2MP, and AI lens of 2 MP.
The 16MP selfie camera incorporates fascinating mod