Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 or Samsung W21 Specifications, Price, Pros and Cons – The foldable smartphone trend starts with Samsung in 2019 and creates a line-up and innovation for the user. A few days ago, on an online launch, Samsung released some noteworthy smartphones and gadgets. It includes the Samsung Galaxy Z fold 2 5G, Note 20 series, Samsung watch, and wireless earbuds.
The premium range Samsung Galaxy Z fold 2 5G also known as Samsung W21 5g is a redefined version last year, Samsung Fold smartphone. It has the updated durability stat with a bigger screen and more refresh on the internal panel. The expected price of the device is around $2000.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 Specifications Overview
- It has two screens, which present the Dyanamic Super AMOLED panel that comes with better folding ability than the previous foldable smartphone.
- There will be three camera ports, a triple camera at the rear panel, a single selfie at the front, and a selfie camera in the foldable screen.
- In the processing, you will get the latest Snapdragon 865+ chipset integrated on 5G connectivity.
- The device comes with a 4500 mAh battery with its regular fast charging speed of 25 W.
Design and Display
The phone presents a futuristic design, which is quite similar to the upcoming Note 20 series. The structure resembles a lot. But the significant difference is the foldable screen. It has a more beneficial configuration of the redefine hinge mechanism, which increases the durability of the 7.6 inches Foldable Dynamic AMOLED 2X screen panel. Besides, it has a 120 Hz refresh rate, as for the front cover display, it has a Super AMOLED 6.23 inches panel, which couples 60 Hz refresh rate. Both screen as single punch hole selfie port.
Memory and Internal
It has all the trendy aspect you can imagine for premium flagship since it has an overwhelming price tag. The smartphone has a dual-screen, which needs more power in processing. Thus, the company presents the latest Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865+ chipset on the board with 5G connectivity. Plus, it will get the Samsung latest One UI 2.5 based on Android 10 OS and makes the device more feature-rich.
In terms of memory specs, there will be 12 GB RAM the couples the 256 GB internal storage, and like most of the high-end smartphones, it won’t have any storage expansion port.
The Camera placement in three different sections, the combo of 10 MP punch hole 2 Selfie camera, will come in the cover panel as well as the primary board. On the other hand, the rear panel arrives with a triple camera setup configuration that features 12 MP wide, telephoto, and ultra-wide lens. With this configuration, you can easily get premium-quality photography and 4K videos with gyro-EIS alongside the slow-motion ability, which exile studio-level videography.
Battery and Other
The Samsung Galaxy Z fold 2 5G onboard the 4500 mAh battery with the Samsung standard 25 W wired fast charging support. It also has wireless charging support as well as the reverse wireless charging. Numerous features make this smartphone one heck of choice for the tech enthusiast, but on the flip side, normal users assume and differ as a different due to its techy name.
Samsung Galaxy Z fold 2 Specifications Detail
Down below you can see the full specifications of Samsung Galaxy Z fold 2 smartphone.
|Specifications||Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 Or|
|Network||2G, 3G, 4G, 5G|
|Launch date||September 2020 (expected)|
|Build||Glass front screen, Plastic screen (folded),|
glass back and aluminum frame
|Dimension||Unfolded: 159.2 x 128.2 x 6.9 mm|
Folded: 159.2 x 68 x 16.8 mm
|Protection||Gorilla glass Victus (cover screen)|
6.23 inches (cover)
|Display||Foldable Dynamic AMOLED 2X,|
~373 PPI density
Cover screen – Super AMOLED
|Resolution||1768 x 2208 pixels|
816 x 2260 pixels (Cover)
|OS||Android 10 and One UI 2.5|
|Chipset||7 nm – Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865+|
1×3.09 GHz Kryo 585
3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585
4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585
|Camera||12MP, 12MP, and 12MP|
LED flash, HDR, panorama
|Selfie||10MP and 10 MP (Cover)|
|USB||3.2, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector|
|Sensors||Side Mounted Fingerprint, accelerometer,|
gyro, proximity, compass, and barometer
Samsung DeX (desktop experience support)
|Battery||Li-Po 4500 mAh battery|
Fast charging 25W
Fast wireless charging 11W
Reverse wireless charging 4.5W
|Colors||Mystic Bronze, Browne Edition,|
Aston Martin Racing Edition and Black
|Price||Expected $ 3000 (2,00,000 INR)|
Samsung Galaxy Z fold 2 Pros and Cons
Down below you can see the list of pros and cons (advantages and disadvantages) of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 (Samsung W21 5g).
- Redefined structure with a better hinge mechanism.
- Bigger cover screen than the first generation.
- Amazing premium quality camera performance.
- It has side-mounted fingerprint sensors.
- The design has dust resistance.
- 120Hz refresh rate in the internal panel.
- Android 10 with custom One UI 2.5 support.
- Gorilla glass victus protection on the cover screen.
- Awesome photo and video quality.
- Samsung Dex desktop experience.
- Long battery life and 25W fast charger.
- Support 5g.
- It’s an extreme device whose price is quite high.
- The difference between the foldable panel and cover panel is clearly visible due to the difference in the refresh rate.
- No water/dust resistance.
- For a dual-screen phone, battery size looks below average.
- Only 11W wireless charging and 4.5W reverse wireless charging support.
- Without OTG.
- Single SIM smartphone.
The Samsung Galaxy Z fold 2 5G or Samsung W21 smartphone is a grand treat for tech enthusiasts, and compare to the first-generation foldable phone such as Samsung Fold, and Z Fold. It is quite better than them in terms of durability. It is the second-gen foldable smartphone, and to be more precise, it not wholly flawless, there are flaws here and there. But, it expects to overcome with time and user reviews. As for the phone expected to unveil in September via a virtual launch event.