Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Pros and Cons: The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip is a smartphone that has a foldable display. The case can be opened at an angle between 70 and 110 degrees and has a diagonal of 6.7 inches when opened. The AMOLED display has an aspect ratio of 22: 9 and has a resolution of 1080 by 2636 pixels. Here is everything you should know about Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Fold 2.
On the back, there is another mini display with a resolution of 300 by 116 pixels. A dual camera with 2 x 12 megapixels is available for photos. The front camera is on the screen and has 10 megapixels. The Snapdragon 855+ from Qualcomm is used as the chipset, which comes with an octa-core CPU with up to 2.96 GHz. However, the included 5G module should not be activated in the Z Flip.
However, the WiFi module already supports the new 802 standards. 11 ax (WiFi 6). The main memory is 8 GB, and the built-in flash memory has a total capacity of 256 G, memory expansion via microSD is not possible, dual SIM is likely via eSIM.
In addition to its new smartphones from the Galaxy S20 series, Samsung has also presented its second mobile phone with a foldable display. The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip, the name of the phone, was no longer a real surprise. Nevertheless, the actual presentation was fascinating, especially since the manufacturer told some background about the Galaxy Z Flip.
Samsung stands by mobile phones with a foldable display. The experiences made with the Galaxy Fold in the past year were incorporated into the design of the new model. The manufacturer has further improved the folding mechanism. Customers should be able to open and close the cell phone 200,000 times without sacrificing quality. Tiny little brushes should ensure that no dust gets inside.
Galaxy Z Flip – Small and Handy
With the Galaxy Z Flip, Samsung has pursued the approach of bringing a cell phone onto the market that, on the one hand, has the large display desired by the customer, but is still very compact – just when folded. With the Galaxy Fold, the idea was to turn the cell phone into a small tablet. The design was also in the foreground when developing the Galaxy Z Flip.
The internal display is 6.7 inches tall. It offers Full HD Plus resolution (1080 by 2636 pixels) and has an aspect ratio of 21.9: 9 due to the unusual format. On the one hand, the entire touchscreen can be used for a single application. However, a “split-screen mode” is also available, so that two different programs run in parallel.
The outside display is only 1.05 inches tall. The background for the rather small monitor was also the design of the phone. Nevertheless, the most critical information, such as date and time, incoming calls, SMS, or WhatsApp messages, can be displayed. If the word is tapped and the cell phone is opened, the user automatically lands in the appropriate app.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip – Hands-free Camera Mode
The primary camera has two 12-megapixel lenses – even wide-angle (F1.8) and even ultra-wide-angle (F2.2, 123 degrees). The Zflip fold front camera has a resolution of 10 megapixels. Particularly exciting: Samsung has integrated a freehand mode. This is possible because the cell phone can be opened in various positions (or even continuously).
The freehand operation is interesting for night shots without a tripod. The camera takes 15 pictures in five seconds, which are then combined. Videotelephony is also possible hands-free thanks to the possibility of placing the cell phone open. For this, Samsung wants to pre-install a customized version of Google Duo.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip is 87.4 by 73.6 by 17.3 millimeters when closed. When the device is opened, it has dimensions of 167.3 by 73.6 by 7.2 millimeters. The 183-gram smartphone sits comfortably in hand. It is of high quality, but magically attracts fingerprints – thanks to the design.
The folding mechanism looks very stable, but the transition between the upper and lower (or in landscape mode between the left and right) half of the display is easy to see. Away from the presentation of apps and photos on the is touch screen very well. The colors are intense but not unnatural, and the viewing angle stability is also okay.
Android 10 and One UI 2
Android 10 with One UI 2.0 is pre-installed as the operating system. The software ran smoothly in the short test. The handheld is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ with 8 GB of RAM.
However, we have not yet been able to test this. Fast charging with up to 15 watts is possible by cable, and battery charging with up to 12 watts works wirelessly. The Bolide also supports Wireless PowerShare.
eSIM plus Nano-SIM in one Package
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip is a dual SIM cell phone. However, only a conventional SIM card can be used. If you want to use two mobile phone connections in parallel, you have to use the eSIM, which, in addition to the network operators in Germany, has so far only been offered by a few service providers and discounters.
The new clamshell phone from Samsung supports the GSM, UMTS, and LTE networks. Unlike the Galaxy S20 series, no device version also masters the new 5G mobile communications standard. This is a disadvantage, even if the 5G expansion in Germany still leaves much to be desired. Anyone who would like to use the cell phone for several years can do without the latest network technology.
Galaxy Z Fold 2: Going to lunch in July
The second Samsung foldable is still not the holy grail of folding smartphones; we could already pursue the third attempt in the summer. South Korean newspaper Aju News (via TechRadar ) has announced that the Galaxy Fold 2 will be launched in July. There is talk of a price of 1980 US dollars (converted about 1825 euros). The code name of the Galaxy Fold 2 is Champ. Innovation is the front camera installed under the screen.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Pros and Cons
Pros: Z Flip
- Bixby Vision: When you turn your Galaxy Z Flip camera into a Bixby vision to give you information about the world surrounding you.
- Cinema grade Screen Display: A HDR10+ guaranteed viewing experience.
- 4K UHD Recording: Z flip Record excellent 4K high-quality video that plays back in detail.
- Eye care screen display: Reduces eye fatigue, strain and sleep disturbances without giving up color shading.
- Samsung Knox: Knox gives multi-layered protection to make your phone protection from the chip up.
- Authentication: Z flip Unlock your phone with Fingerprint Scan, Face ID, pattern, a PIN, or password.
- Image and Video Bokeh: You can Blur backgrounds in z flip and put bokeh effect for photos and videos.
- Super Steady: It gives Super consistent balances video to make activity shots look.
- Ultra-Wide Camera: With 12MP and a 123-degree field of view in z flip, panoramas and photos are taken to the next levels.
- Custom Filter: It gives you the option to create your own filters dependent on the color shades of a photo you like.
- Network Connectivity: you can use connectivity Up to 1.0Gbps LTE keeps you downloading and video streaming.
Cons: z Flip
- Measured Diagonally, the display screen size is 6.7 inches in a full rectangle shape and 6.5 inches size in rounded corners. The real visible area is smaller because of the rounded corners and camera hole gap.
- Some applications may not functions in folded or Flex mode.
- Some applications may not functions as a Multi-Active screen Window.
- Evaluated battery against the usage profile of a normal/ordinary user with a completely charged gadget. The actual battery life of Z flip fluctuates by network condition, applications used and features, number of messages and calls, number of times the phone is charged, and numerous different factors.
- Restricted to Samsung or other brand smartphones with WPC Qi remote charging, for example, Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra, Z Flip, Note10, Note10+, S10e, S10, S10+, Galaxy Fold, S9, S9+, S8, S8+, S8 Active, S7, S7 Edge, S7 Active, S6, S6 Edge, S6 Active, S6 edge+, Note9, Note8, Note FE, Note5, and wearables, for example, Galaxy Watch Active2, Galaxy Watch Active, Gear S3, Gear Sport, Galaxy Buds and Galaxy Watch. In case the battery power is lower than 30%, Wireless PowerShare may not work. Z flip PowerShare may not work with other brand gadgets or some Samsung wearables and also may influence data services and calling depending upon your system condition.
- In z flip, the actual internal storage may change depending upon pre-installed software.
- Depending upon country and language, data or Wi-Fi required to access fully operate Bixby features and content providers may fluctuate upon nation or language and such content may not be accurate or reflect the most updated data.
- Face Recognition to unlocking the phone only works when unfolded with the Front Camera.
- The actual speed of z flip smartphone may change depending upon nation, phone carrier, and environmental condition.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip leaves an excellent first impression, The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip knows how to please. The design is unusual, but very practical because, despite the large screen, you get a handy smartphone that can be stored in every pocket. The phone is well made, the display is excellent, and the camera’s hands-free function is innovative. Only the outside screen could have been a bit bigger, and with a retail price of 1480 euros, one would also have liked the 5G support. The cell phone is available for pre-order now and will be delivered from February 21 – significantly earlier than the Galaxy S20 handhelds.
With the software, users get the camera feature “Single take mode,” an extended continuous shooting. Also, it is now possible to choose between wide-angle and ultra-wide-angle optics when using the outside display—the February security patch rounds off the update. The hardware is not quite as rosy; users complain about problems with the flexible screen. Maybe you should wait for the Galaxy Fold 2, which is rumored to be released in July.
Samsung experts SamMobile report that the South Korean manufacturer started rolling out an update for its second foldable at the weekend. At least in the United States, owners get an upgrade to firmware F700U1UEU1ATAR. The first update of the Galaxy Z FlipOther countries is expected to follow shortly. At 211 MB, the download is not too big, but it does contain some useful innovations. Above all, the so-called “single take mode,” which takes several pictures and short video clips with both rear cameras in ten seconds.
Furthermore, when the Galaxy Z Flip is closed, you can now switch between wide-angle and ultra-wide-angle cameras with the 1.1-inch display as a viewfinder. The security patch, as of February 1, 2020, shields the foldable better against malware and third-party access. The update is installed as usual OTA (Over-the-Air), i.e., directly from the smartphone via the Internet. Most of the information is taken from the official Samsung website or from different rumors on the internet.