How to Record your Macbook Screen Easy Steps: If you possess a Macbook you might often need to record what’s going on your screen. Suppose you are watching a movie, you might want to record a particular clip from it. We make tutorials so as to share with our friends and colleagues and definitely it needs a screen recorder. For security, we can also record video calls or video meetings using a recorder. It is not a big deal to record your screen on a Macbook and anyone with basic technical knowledge can do this.
What is MAC Mojave
macOS Mojave helps you bring multiple iOS apps to the desktop operating system, including dark mode, managing documents and media files. The latest version of macOS Mojave is 10.14.6 release in September 2018, developed by Apple.
Record your Macbook Screen Easy Steps
- Click Command + Shift + 5 in order to open the screen recording toolbar.
- Using this tool, we can either record a portion of the screen or the entire screen.
- Suppose you want to record the entire screen, then first check Record Entire and hence click the record button.
- In case you are having more than one screen, you need to hold the record button and then you can see Screen 1 and Screen 2.
- Now, if you are interested to record a selected portion on screen, first check Record Select Portion and then you need to select an area in order to record.
- You can determine if your screen is being recorded by looking for a stop icon being displayed on top of the screen.
- In order to stop recording, we can either click on the stop icon or press Command + Shift + 5.
- Now as your video is recorded, you can find it on desktop and can also edit it using the built-in editor as needed.
If you have an old Mac and Mojave is not installed, we still have a solution for you. check Apple iMac features
Alternatively, Use QuickTime
QuickTime player comes pre-installed with your MacBook and it’s easy to record screen with it.
- Open QuickTime player in your MacBook. Click on New Screen Recording by right-clicking on the QuickTime player icon from the dock.
- A Toolbar will appear on your screen recording.
- You can click on the white arrow key to see more options such as the option to either use internal or external microphones.
- In this app also, you can either record a portion of the screen or the entire screen. You can record the whole screen by simply clicking on the record button and then on screen.
- To record a portion of the screen, click the record button and select the area you want to record.
- In order to stop recording, you need to click on the QuickTime icon.
So these are the best ways to record screen on a Mac. There are many other paid apps available on App Store for Mac which have more features.