MediaTek Dimensity 800U chipset launches with interesting features and Dual 5G Chip connectivity
MediaTek Dimensity 800U Chipset and its features – With enhanced 5G connectivity for mid-range smartphones, a new chipset called MediaTek Dimensity 800U has been announced. Taking care of the graphics workload is the integrated GPU – ARM Mali G57 MC3, the Dimensity 800U has an octa-core processor with 5G support.
According to the company, the “ultra-connected dual 5G chip” is offered by the Dimensity 800U balancing CPU speeds, a design focused on efficiency. 7 nm architecture and screens up to 120 Hz are supported.
Four cores of the cortex-A76 clocked up to 2.4 GHz and four cores of the cortex-A55 clocked up to 2 GHz are presented by the Dimensity 800U SoC, which is according to the report on the MediaTek website.
List of MediaTek Dimensity 800U Chipset features
- With a maximum refresh rate of 120Hz and a display resolution of 2,520 x 1,080 pixels are supported by Mail-G57 GPU.
- RAM of up to 12GB of LPDDR4x clocked at 2,133MHz and UFS 2.2 storage supported by the Dimensity 800U SoC.
- The game loads up to 1.4 seconds faster, when it is compared with Dimensity 700 series chipsets.
- CPU performance is 11 percent faster and GPU performance is 28 percent faster.
- Video encoding and playback at 4K at 30fps both are allowed by the GPU.
- 5G, Wi-Fi 5 (a/b/g/n/ac), GPS/ QZSS L1+ L5/ Galileo E1 + E5a/ BeiDou B1C + B2a/ NAVIC, and Bluetooth 5.1 are the connectivity options in this chip.
- 2CC 5G Carrier Aggregations is a boasted, seamless handover between two 5G areas, and better coverage are offered by this chip.
- 5G+5G Dual SIM Dual Standby (DSDS), sub-6Ghz SA, VoNR, NSA networks, and MediaTek’s 5G UltraSave technology are supported by the Dimensity 800U SoC’s integrated 5G modem.
In addition, cameras up to 64 megapixels or dual 20 megapixel + 16 megapixel cameras are also supported. A maximum resolution of 3,840 x 2,160 pixels is supported by the Dimensity 800U SoC.
Playback of HDR10+ content is allowed, as well as voice assistants such as Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa or other services located with multiple voice assistance can be activated.
There is no official announcement about devices powered by MediaTek Dimensity 800U will hit the market.