iOS 14 Release Date, Features, Pros and Cons – This week, a quiet significant change to iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 was made by Apple, allowing to set default email and browser apps to its users. By clicking on web links or email addresses in any app, the iPhone and iPad owners will be able to have them open in their favorite browser or email client. For photos, maps, music, messaging, calendars, and more, Apple will still force its users to use its own apps.
Due to the new, long-overdue changes coming to the iPhone in 2020, the release date of iOS 14 is coming soon. The final software cannot be downloaded until September 2020 this year.
An iOS 14 beta meant for developers can be downloaded today (but with a paid developer account) and the version to be launched in July is the public beta version. You may want to wait for the final version of the software until September as public betas of software can often be temperamental.
You’ll be able to upgrade to the next big software update if your iPhone is running iOS 13. You’ll get the update if your phone is the iPhone 6S (from 2015 or later).
iOS 14 can be downloaded in the devices listed below
- iPhone SE, iPhone 6S Plus, and iPhone 6S
- iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 7
- iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone 8
- iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XS
- iPhone 11 Pros, iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2020).
iOS 14 Features
- iOS 14 home screen widgets – Talking about the features, Widgets seems to be prominent in iOS 14. Widgets can come in three sizes and can be placed in a way (just like Windows Phone) in a clean grid and are designed very elegantly. In the vertical scrolling “Today” view, to the left of your main home screen, we’ve had widgets on iOS before. Through multiple widgets, that let you swipe, you can “stack” them in a clever way.
- iOS 14 App Library and interface – Within the iOS 14, there is a new feature called the App Library. This feature is to organize your apps in a better way without you having to do it, manually. For example, all your social apps shall appear in a single folder. All your Apple Arcade Games are included on the WWDC Livestream. All of this should work automatically. Plus, the apps that you don’t want on your home screen, those specific apps can be hidden.
- iOS 14 Siri ̵