Like all around the world, India also is in lockdown and but many mobile companies like Xiaomi, Oppo, Huawei are setting up to launch new handsets in Indian terrain from May 19.
Likewise, Huawei set up to launch Honor 9X alongside Huawei Y9s, which already released in China. In this article, we will cover up the specification, features, and worth of Huawei Y9s to give you an overview of this phone.
- Huawei Y9s phone integrated on LTPS IPS LCD along with a decently structured PPI density.
- It based on Andriod 9.0 Pie, which expected to get Andriod 10 update.
- The device set to launch on May 19 at Amazon and other platforms at the starting price of $265 (19,990 INR).
- It features a Kirin 710F processor with decent graphics, battery, and camera modules.
Design and Display
The phone Y9s offers a polished silky and sleek design that has flashy looks, which comes with a squarish camera layout. It provides the side-mount fingerprint sensor for security as well as for convenience. Moreover, its screen appears with a decent screen-to-body ratio and aspect ratio.
As for the display, it provides a Full HD 1080×2340 pixels resolution 6.59 inches LTPS IPS LCD panel that copes up by over 390 PPI density. However, it didn’t have gorilla glass protection.
Memory and Internal
In the hardware level, a 12 nm octa-core processor interacted on HiSilicon Kirin 710F Soc, which couple up with the graphics of Mali-G51 MP4 and offers 4G connectivity modem alongside. Under the hood, it has Andriod 9 that expect too upgradable to the Andriod 10, and it comes with layering skin of EMUI 9.1 user-interface. Nevertheless, we weren’t expecting any google service and apps support alongside the phone.
As for memory variant, it only consists of a base variant of 6GB RAM/ 128 GB storage, and it has UFS 2.1 memory type support with external memory expansion support through SD card.
A triple-camera module setup of 48MP primary shooter, 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, and 2MP depth precipitation sensor noticed as the front camera on the phone. Along with the pop-up selfie camera board of 16MP. It also comes with the standard features of the mid-range smartphone as panorama, portrait, AI beauty mode, 4K video recording, video stabilization, slow motion, time-lapse, etc.
Battery, Price, and Others
Y9s has a standardized non-removable 4000 mAh Li-Po battery with wired 10W fast-charging technology that does not fail to give a satisfactory battery life. It takes one and a half hours to fully charge the Huawei phone.
It has the regular comms and sensor along with a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, 3.5 mm jack, and 2.0 Type-C charging port. The handset is attainable in Breathing Crystal, Phantom Purple, Midnight Black, which is available at the starting price of USD 265 (19,990 INR).
Huawei Y9s Smartphone Specifications
|Network||2G, 3G, 4G|
|Build||Glass front and glass back, aluminum frame|
|SIM||Hybrid Dual SIM|
|Display||Capacitive touchscreen LTSC IPS LCD,|
16 M colors
|Resolution||1080 x 2340 pixels|
|OS||Android 9.0 (Pie), EMUI 9.1|
|Camera||48MP, 8MP, and 2MP|
|Selfie||Motorized pop-up 16MP|
|USB||2.0 Type C|
|Sensors||Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass|
|Battery||4000 mAh battery, Fast charging 10W|
|Colors||Black, Crystal, Purple|
|Price||USD 265 (19,990 INR)|
Huawei Y9s Pros and Cons
- Y9s has a conventional Soc integrated along with the graphics.
- The phone provides a high-end photo experience.
- The gaming experience of the phone will be quite bold and can play high-end games at ease.
- Battery life is most suited for the phone and battery drain slower than expected.
- It has a pretty reasonable price.
- The phone has common issues of Bloatware.
- It has slightly lower performance in the CPU department.
- Low charging speed compares to the competition.
- A pop-up camera is prone to damage easily.
The overall performance of the phone is subtle, but it delivers very late in Indian terrain, which is one of the most conspicuous flaws. However, this phone fits in the lower-tier mid-segment standard smartphone. Hence, it does worth some of its brand value and becomes a decent option in the above entry-level segment phone.