Huawei Y8p Smartphone Pros and Cons – Huawei release yet another mid-range budget segment smartphone based on the latest comms, specifications, and connectivity options, the new member of Huawei Y series known as Huawei Y8p. This phone fits appropriately like other Huawei budget phones. However, it lacks the 5G network most from the general user point of view.
The phone launched on the online launch event on May 18, and it expects to launch on the global stage at the end of May, as per the current reports.
- A sleek design blend without corning glass protection body.
- It consists of an OLED screen panel so that it will have an on-screen fingerprint sensor.
- The powerhouse Kirin processor comes with a decent graphics setup on the phone.
- Huawei Y8p has a standard triple-camera module setup.
- In the battery department, it has a 4000 mAh battery with 10W moderate fast-charging.
- The handset expected price is around USD 240 (18,000 INR).
Huawei Y8p Specifications In Details
Design and Display
The body is quite similar to recently release Huawei Enjoy 10s. On the other hand, the same sleek design copes up on the phone, which considerably improved the feel and layout.
Alongside with the strip-like camera board precisely fits in the design. In the front display section, a full HD+ 1080×2400 pixels resolution 6.3 inches OLED panel is given over 418 PPI range screen resolution. It also leads to furnishing a nice setup of aspect and screen-to-body ratio.
Memory and Internal
Huawei Y8p sports Andriod 10 OS, which works along with the EMUI 10.1 layering skin that provides lots of user-centric features. In the hardware department, a 12 nm octa-core processor intact along with the Kirin 710F Soc, including the graphics processing unit of Mali-G51 MP4.
There are two memory variants of 4GB RAM/ 128GB storage and 6GB RAM/ 128GB storage are given in which secondary memory support of the SD card also available. It supposes to have UFS 3.0 memory processing and storing support.
A triple camera module structure of 48MP primary shooter, 8MP ultra-wide lens, and 2MP depth perception lens-induced on the camera board. On the front display, a circular notch selfie camera of 16 MP is given by Huawei. There are lots of features urged on the phone like portrait, beauty mode, timelapse, slow motion, and high-resolution video quality.
Battery, Price, and Other
The phone comes with a 4000 mAh battery capacity with wired fast charging of 10W, which is quite moderate, and its battery life is also pretty decent for ordinary users. The battery can stay alive for more than a day, and its screen time is average.
In terms of comms and sensor, standard features provided by the company and on-screen fingerprint sensor comes with 3.5mm jack port, and it has a type-c charging slot. The phone is available in the market in two different colors of Breathing Crystal and Midnight Black, at the feasible price of USD 240 (18,000 INR).
Huawei Y8p Smartphone Specification List
|Network||2G, 3G, 4G|
|Build||Glass front and aluminum frame|
|Display||Capacitive touchscreen OLED,|
|Resolution||1080 x 2400 pixels|
|OS||Android 10 and EMUI 10.1|
|Card slot||Yes (up to 256GB used shared SIM)|
|Camera||48MP, 8MP, and 2MP|
|Sensors||Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity, and Compass|
|Battery||4000 mAh battery, Fast charging 10W|
|Colors||Crystal, and Black|
|Price||USD 240 (18,000 INR)|
Huawei Y8p Pros and Cons
- High-resolution panel works to give a decent amount of colors and contrast, which gradually increases the screen viewing experience.
- The processing unit serves quite impressively and works quite efficiently in harsh processing.
- The gaming experience is considerably fabulous.
- Battery drains slower than expected.
- Image quality is quite good in daylight.
- There isn’t any innovation or uniqueness in the design. The company takes the October 2019 Huawei Enjoy 10s body and changes a few things.
- Like all other smartphones, it didn’t have google play services.
- Bloatware is present in the handset in an excessive volume.
- The 10W didn’t fit in standards.
- The heating issues might be experienced in heavy gaming.
- The old design is used.
Huawei did some unwanted experiment that we aren’t expecting. In simple terms, this phone is just a rebrand version of last year’s release Huawei Enjoy 10s, and its hardware section almost matches. Users can get confused sometimes with another model called Huawei Y9s. There isn’t any particular difference except the color difference, Android version, and memory variant difference, in other words, Huawei Y8p is a higher variant of Huawei Enjoy 10s. But if you are looking for a budget smartphone and some standard features, it would become a decent option for you.