Gionee Max Pro

Gionee Max Pro Review, Pros and Cons – After emerging from a colossal sleep, Gionee is on track to produce new and innovative devices for its users. Once a big brand, it has now become a small fish. But, this fish knows how to impress customers. Recently, Gionee launched its Max Pro phone for the budget segment.

You can buy the Gionee Max Pro smartphone from an online store in India and it looks like the phone is exclusively for the Indian market. Unlike other companies, which are investing in 5G technology. This small brand is working to create a low-budget phone and also regain the trust of users. Apparently, it is a superior variant of Gionee Max, released in August.

Although the chances of this phone’s availability in the global market are lower, it will rock the Indian smartphone with its powerful and fascinating specifications. Now, let’s find out whether it’s worth buying the Gionee Max Pro smartphone.

Table of Contents

Gionee Max Pro Review


  1. The phone is equipped with a 6.5 inches HD+ resolution with an IPS LCD screen that ensures stable brightness settings.
  2. Within the camera section, you will notice a 13 MP dual camera setup and, on the other side, an 8 MP selfie camera.
  3. The Unisoc SC9863A chipset will bring the benefits of average performance and visual graphics through IMG8322.
  4. As for the software, everything is handled through the Android 10 operating system.
  5. Under the hood, the Li-Po 6000 mAh battery will undoubtedly give you decent screen time.

Design and Display

At a time when people’s attention to budget phones has declined dramatically in recent years, the Gionee Max Pro phone comes with a brilliant and charming design. The layout not only gives the phone an elegant look but also provides an elegant feel, even though it is a polycarbonate housing. In addition, there are three great color schemes that you can select according to your taste.

You can choose black to show professionalism, while red and blue are bold colors that attract attention in the first instance. Max Pro phone has a square-shaped camera plate, although it does not have a fingerprint reader on the back or side panel. In addition, you won’t notice any gorilla glass protection here.

What makes the Gionee Max Pro phone engaging is its elegant layout, although it has a large internal battery and is a 10 mm thick body. Even so, the weight reaches only 212g, which is relatively low compared to the size of the battery. On the other hand, the bezels are relatively thin and have little chance. The IPS LCD gives denser colors and brightness helps a lot.

The only thing that keeps everything balanced is the imposing 6.52 inches screen. From there, you can watch videos and movies and experience the goodness of a comprehensive cinematic vision to some extend. Although there is also a problem, the HD+ resolution still lags behind to provide an impressive viewing experience.

Memory and Internal

We cannot neglect the fact that the Gionee Max Pro phone is underperforming, although it has a low-cost chipset that can be good for normal daily tasks. But on the other hand, it won’t work very well for heavy games and photography. This is also one of the important reasons why AI software graphics and configurations are missing. Still, it is possible to play lite games and internet surfing.

The Android 10 operating system comes with some custom features of the Gionee interface. However, they can be considered as bloatware, except for most system applications. The overall navigation of the system will be elegant, and the multitasking factor is also quite brilliant, as you can easily swipe across multiple applications without worrying about performance delays in general. But 3 GB RAM makes things a little challenging for the Gionee Max Pro phone.

However, 3 GB RAM may not be sufficient with 32 GB storage. In this space, about 60% of the internal data is pre-occupied with the system so, you all got the remaining 40%. But, you can expand this storage through the dedicated MicroSD slot and, at the same time can use two 4G SIMs.


The camera technology used in the Gionee Max Pro phone is below what you usually see on a standard device. Still, it is able to control lights and exposure to some extent. Inside the square camera plate, you will notice a 13 MP primary snapper with a 2 MP depth sensor. On the other hand, it is good to see an 8 MP selfie camera in the front.

Unfortunately, the camera software is not the best compared to what is usually provided for standard phones. But it’s not too bad either, because it able to manage lights and exposure to some extend, and there will be slightly grainy shadows here and there.

The low light photography does not live up to mark and expect that bright, vigorous colors are not there. Although you get moderate features and adjustments, it is possible to record videos in 1080p. The overall camera and phot