Coolpad Legacy 5G: Not long ago, around the starting quarter of 2020, the CES 2020 Mobile Summit happened in Vegas. In which several companies released their 5G flagship smartphones. In which there are some notable 5G flagship smartphone releases are Realme X50, Oneplus 8, Redmi K30, etc.
In this 5G connectivity race, smartphone company Coolpad also launched its first 5G flagship smartphone, it introduces as Coolpad Legacy 5G. This phone is going to be one of the affordable 5G connectivity phones in the world.
Coolpad Legacy 5G phone was launched globally in January of 2020 and recently, it is available in the US only. It is expected that this phone may also be available in India during the last week of April 2020. Let see the specification details and overview of the phone.
Coolpad Legacy Review
- Coolpad Legacy comes with a Powerful processor with an X50 Snapdragon modem for 5G connectivity.
- It has a Single Nano SIM slot only.
- Dual back camera setup.
- It has a 3.5 mm Jack port with C type charging slot.
Coolpad Legacy 5G: Design and Display Specifications
The phone has an ordinary design with full HD 6.53 inches display of IPS capacitive touchscreen with 392 PPI density. According to the price, the display type of AMOLED must be present. However, it looks great in hands.
Coolpad Legacy 5G: Memory and Internal Specifications
The device offers Andriod 10 with the layering of its customized Cool user interface that’s why it is also called Coolpad Legacy. It has a standard snapdragon 765 chipset, which is reward with incredible gaming experience. As for the storage and performance, a setup configuration of 4GB RAM and 64 GB Storage is available.
It has a dual-camera on the back 48MP as the primary lens sensor and 8MP as the second shooter for ultra-wide with videos recording quality of 2160 pixels at 30fps. As for selfie, it has a T shaped waterdrop notch camera of 16MP lens with a video recording aspect of 1080 pixels at 30 fps.
Coolpad Legacy 5G: Battery, Price and Other
It has an enormous battery of 4000mAh, which comes with fast charging of 18W and has a distinct technology of Quick charge 3.0, which boosts the charging speed. It has two different colors blue and yellow. The starting price of the phone is $390 (29,000 INR).
Coolpad Legacy 5G Specifications
- Model – Coolpad Legacy 5G
- Network – 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G
- Announced – January 2020
- Dimensions – 165 x 77 x 9.5 mm
- Weight – 195g
- Protection – No
- SIM – Single SIM
- Display – capacitive touchscreen IPS LCD, 16M colors
- Size – 6.53 inches
- Resolution – 1080 x 2340 pixels
- OS – Android 10
- Chipset – Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G (7nm)
- CPU – Octa-core
- Card slot – Yes
- Internal – 64GB
- RAM – 4GB
- Camera – 48MP, 8MP
- Selfie – 16 MP
- Radio – Yes
- Sensors – Gyro, Fingerprint, compass, accelerometer, proximity
- Battery – 4000 mAh, Fast charging 18W
- Colors – Blue and Yellow
Coolpad Legacy 5G Pros and Cons
- The 4GB RAM improves performance while playing high-end games like PUBG, Call of Duty, League of Legends, and increase the gaming experience in several folds.
- The processing and performance of the phone are quite impressive.
- It has a sturdy metal frame, which increases the protection of the phone.
- The photos of portrait mode are decent, and the live bokeh effect enhances the quality of the images.
- On the software level, the user interface works effectively. On the other hand, the Fingerprint sensor, and face unlock works smoothly and quickly.
- You can increase your mobile storage capacity up to 128 GB with the help of a microSD card.
- It has the same problem as the previous Coolpad Legacy phone had, the fingerprint sensor is situated very high. It needs to be a little bit lower so that it can be accessed accurately.
- At the same range, you can get quad-camera setup phones like Realme, Redmi, etc.
- The Camera quality is good, although low light images aren’t that great, the photo shows noise and grain in the background. On the other hand, videography quality isn’t that great either.
- There is no dual SIM option, and it’s a crucial Drawback of the phone.
- The display type of the phone was needed to be AMOLED according to its price range but it is not confirmed.
- There are not any higher variants available on the phone.
The has average looks and has a standard chipset with a decent 5G modem at an affordable price. It is a complete package of a regular flagship phone. Although the same range of smartphones offers a quad-camera and it has a dual camera. But, the processing speed and functionality of the phone are immense. The phones give the brand value of Coolpad, which is good enough. If you are looking for a standard 5g flagship experience within 29,999 INR then, Coolpad legacy 5G is worth buying for you.