ColorOS 7 Features, Pros and Cons – With the ColorOS 7 skin, OPPO Reno received the stable Android 10 update. The Android 10-based interface, its update schedule for ColorOS 7 has been previously announced by OPPO. Due to the Corona pandemic, there are some delays, The stable version to the R15 phone has been rolled out by the Chinese manufacturer. The complete changelog for ColorOS 7 update is given below.
- The dark mode is added to protect the eyes.
- All new charging animation is added.
- While learning or working, the user is shielded from outside distractions.
- For easier one-handed operation, the Quick Settings user interface is optimized.
- Banner notifications can be ignored by swiping left or right.
- For screen recording, a pause function is added.
- For screen recording, a floating window and settings are added.
- For file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer, new sounds are added.
- For Accessibility, TalkBack floating prompts are added.
- To improve the user experience, for visually impaired users, Colour Accessibility Mode is added.
- Regarding recent tasks and lock apps, memory information can be viewed.
- User interfaces are optimized and one-handed operation is improved.
- To open Smart Sidebar in Split-screen mode, an app should be dragged out of it.
- Two settings added: On Fullscreen App, Assistive Ball Opacity, and Hide Assistive Ball.
- For more apps, the Floating Window feature is optimized.
- A bubble added: From the Smart Sidebar, a bubble is displayed in a floating window when an app is opened by a user.
- Visuals are made more attractive and operation more efficient by the brand new borderless design.
- The font, OPPO Sans is added as the new default. With OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology, a refreshing feel is delivered by the new font.
- With 3 fingers touch and holding the screen and for capturing a long screenshot, user should swipe their fingers outwards.
- The position of the screenshot preview floating window and screenshot sound setting can be adjusted by the user.
- The screenshot can be dragged up and can be released to share or dragged down after taking a screenshot.
- For Game space, visual interaction and startup animation are optimized.
- Live wallpapers are more.
- Art + static wallpapers are added.
- On the home screen, the size, shape, and style of app icons should be customized.
- To switch unlock methods, the Lock Screen should be swiped up.
- To facilitate one-handed operations, password unlocks belonging to graphic design, should be optimized.
- On the lock screen, live wallpapers are supported.
- Screen-off clock styles are more.
- Featuring large fonts and icons and a clearer layout, a simple home screen mode is added.
- To avoid targeted ads and protecting privacy, the user should connect the phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address.
- Calculators can be opened in a floating window in Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar.
- In Recordings, the trim feature is added.
- In Weather, weather-adaptive animations are added.
- The weather(dynamic) ringtone is added, to which the current weather is adapted, automatically.
- For better user experience, the Camera UI is optimized.
- The Timer UI and sound are optimized.
- For a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos, the Album UI is optimized.
- More than 80 different scenes that is recognized by Album Recommendations, is added.
- With Vivo and Xiaomi devices, sharing files is now supported by OPPO share.
- For a more efficient experience, the Contacts UI is optimized.
- The fuzzy match is now supported on Search Settings and search history is contained in it.
- With one tap, a video can be created using Soloop Video Editor.
- For easy management and the use of digital ID cards(for phones sold in India), an app called DocVault is added.