Apple iPhone 12 Review, Pros and Cons – The iPhone 12 series is excellent as it renders an incredible smartphone in the premium segment. Today, we are going to discuss the Apple iPhone 12, which has impressive specs and the latest innovation intact to impress users. In addition to the iPhone 12, three variants of the iPhone Mini, iPhone Pro, and iPhone Pro Max are also on sale with its younger brother.
The recent iPhone 12 series debut event is flawless because there are so many new things that have been revealed, which grabs fan’s interest – like the Apple A14 Bionic chipset on the iOS 14 OS ready to use on the iPhone 12. Let’s start the review of the iPhone 12 and discover its pros and cons.
Apple iPhone 12 Review
- The device features the Super Retina OLED screen with a decent set of screen features.
- A dual camera is located on the rear panel, on the other hand, the great notch selfie camera present on the front screen.
- In terms of battery, the 2775 mAh battery pack comes inside the phone, which can charge via the 20W charger or higher (sold separately).
- The smooth design ensures an elegant appearance and offers a thick frame layout.
- The starting price for the base model will be around $ 950 (about 69,990 INR).
Design and Display
The texture layout is similar to that of the iPhone Mini, but it has a larger screen than overall gives a high build, while the magnificent slim body adds to the phone’s premium feel.
The advanced level of protection follows IP 68 certification for dust/water resistant and oleophobic coating for fingerprint resistance on the glass and body. On the other hand, a 6.1 OLED screen is placed as the front screen, which produces resolution above Full HD+ with HDR 10 and a refresh rate of 60 Hz which tends to provide fascinating quality content.
Memory and Internal
As most of the time, the company represents three storage models for sales such as 64 GB, 128 GB, and 256 GB of internal space, while each has 4 GB of RAM. Under the hood, the performance of the 5 nm Hexa core Apple A14 Bionic chipset implant works in all conditions.
However, its performance statistics have not yet been released. But it is expected to be in the top 3. The iOS 14 interface software is included and offers several new things to customize.
The iPhone 12 features a dual-camera port on the rear panel where the 12MP primary and 12MP ultrawide lens are pair and the 12 MP selfie camera is intact on the screen. With this setting, you can get videos up to 4K resolution and 240 fps in slow motion with OIS + EIS settings. In contrast, there are portraits, HDR, panorama, and many other features to increase the phone’s photography section.
Battery and Others
A 20 W fast charging support comes inside the box to power the 2775 mAh battery, and the phone also supports wireless charging along with USB Power Delivery 2.0 technology.
On the other hand, Face ID works very well and all sensors provide exceptional support and the latest communications generate a better user experience.
Apple iPhone 12 Specifications Detail
Down below you can see the full specifications of the Apple iPhone 12.
|Specifications||Apple iPhone 12|
|Network||2G, 3G, 4G, 5G|
|Dimensions||146.7 x 71.5 x 7.4 mm|
|Build||Glass front and back with aluminum frame|
|Display||Super Retina XDR OLED, HDR10,|
625 nits, 60 Hz, 460 ppi
|Resolution||1170 x 2532 pixels|
|Protection||IP68 dust/water resistant|
Wide color gamut
|Chipset||Apple A14 Bionic (5 nm)|
(2x 2.65 GHz Firestorm
4x 1.8 GHz Icestorm)
|GPU||Apple GPU (4-core graphics)|
|Internal||64GB, 128GB, 256GB|
|Camera||12MP and 12MP|
|3.5 mm jack||No|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax|
dual-band, Wi-Fi hotspot
|Bluetooth||5.0 with A2DP / LE|
|GPS||A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS|
|USB||Lightning, USB 2.0|
|Sensors||Face ID, accelerometer, gyro,|
proximity, compass, barometer
|Battery||Lithium 2775 mAh|
Fast charging 20W
USB Power Delivery 2.0
Qi fast wireless charging 15W
|Colors||Black, White, Red, Green, Blue|
|Expected Price||$ 950 (roughly 69,900 INR)|
Apple iPhone 12 Pros and Cons
Down below you can see the list of pros and cons (advantages and disadvantages) of the Apple iPhone 12.
- HDR 10 support with decent PPI density and high-gloss features.
- Fantastic daylight camera experience.
- 4K video shooting with various other beats is supported.
- 5G enabled on a powerful processor.
- Scratch-resistant glass and IP68 dust/water-resistant.
- Oleophobic coating for fingerprint-resistant.
- 15W wireless and 20W fast charging support.
- Without MicroSD card or 3.5 mm connector.
- Without fingerprint scanner same iPhone 12 mini.
- No reverse wireless charging support.
- 2227 mAh battery size.
- 8K video recording not supported.
- Up to 60Hz refresh rate.
- User needs to purchase the charging adapter separately, which is not included in the box
The significant difference between the iPhone 12 Mini and the iPhone 12 is the battery capacity and the screen size, other than that everything is identical between them. Despite this, the iPhone 12 is a premium smartphone and is a decent option at a cost of $ 950. Camera features and cutting-edge performance are the foundation of this phone. Therefore, it is worth buying if you like iOS and Apple fans.