Android 11 Release Date, Features, Pros and Cons – In June, Android 11 beta was released and by the end of this year, a full public release will not be available until the end of the year. If people want, they can see the version in advance. Google Pay issues are fixed by beta version 1.5.
Since February, while developer views have given Android developer early access to Android 11, anyone in the Google pixel family with a pixel 2 or newer phone can download the beta and see what new features are ahead.
June 3 was the official Android 11 reveal date, but it has been postponed. In May 2020, this would have happened on Google IO, but it was canceled. The online beta version with a blog post was launched by Google.
In addition, Google is not confirmed with the name that Android 11 is the Android 2020 update. A list of smartphones with Android 11 updates has been announced by Google and Xiaomi, listed here. Google Pixel 2, 3, 4 series. Xiaomi Mi 10 Series and OnePlus 8 and 7 series.
Android 11 Features
- The ability to control your smart home via the device’s operating system is one of the notable innovations in Android 11. A long press on the off button, the corresponding menu opens. Controlling gadgets connected to the Google Home page is much easier.
- Applications can be given permanent, one-time permission to perform different actions, such as location tracking or camera access. In addition, if the user has not used the application for a long time, despite the permission given for some action, it will be canceled.
- On Android 11, switching between multimedia devices has become easier and Google Home Speakers or Bluetooth headsets can be activated directly in the notification list. This feature is identical to the AirPlay icon in the iOS Control Center.
- The slightly changed familiar interface on Android 11 has become more similar to iOS 11. The preview window with the ability to edit, add comments, and send it to other users, can be seen after the screenshot.
- Occurring in many companies, including Android developers, Android’s screen recording function can hardly be called an iOS invention. The need for this function is delayed. The beta options for Android 11 are very similar to those for iOS. The quick settings menu, which is a counterpart of the Control Center, is where the functions can be accessed. The screen recording function was introduced by Google in the other beta versions but was never released in the end.
Android 11 Pros and Cons
- Several new features for text messages and notifications are brought out by the initial beta version.
- When the phone’s power button is pressed, more privacy tools and a new quick control screen are displayed.
- There is a secure locker on the phone for storing documents, it is a feature that Google wants to make possible for users.
- New media controls, bubbles in the chat head, and on-screen recording are some of the main features.
- With a slightly different approach from each manufacturer, not all of the features that Google adds to its mobile operating system are part of your phone.
- An earlier version of Google’s recommendations leaked an earlier version of Android 11.
- All user data on the device will be erased when the beta version of Android is running on your phone.
- There may be many errors and problems in the beta that can affect your daily use.